Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The presentation

Honestly speaking, this presentation is the first one I have done here that talking for about 7 mimutes without looking at the notes.

Our group has met 3 times totally to prepare this presentation which shows that we do take it seriously.So I really want to do it perfect for my part in order to make our group's total performance good, which I think I didn't make it.

First of all, I stopped at some places which makes the whole speech not fluently.

Secondly,when I watch the video I took for reflecting, I feel that my gesture and eye contact are not very nature and confident.

Thirdly, I think for some words I didn't pronounce in the right way and my voice that day was quite strange. Maybe partly because I was quite nervous that day.

I think that's what I find out so far, I will add more if I find out more later.

You are welcome to give me the tips that I should work on, thank you very much.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky,

    Our group felt that your group had a very impactful opening with the help of the video managed to capture the urgency for change initiatives in using an alternative energy source. In addition, the music used in the video was also appropriately used.
    Furthermore, the handout given to us not only helped us in understanding key terms used in your presentation but also showed the effort your group put into the presentation.

    The pace of your presentation and the posture your group portrayed was appropriate and professional.

    During Q & A, your group could have switched on the lights in the classroom to encourage more interaction with the audience. However, it was good that all of your members answered the questions reflecting shared responsibility among your group. This also showed that your group was knowledgeable on the content of your project.

    Lastly, we noticed that your group could have presented your recommendations in a clearer fashion to allow your audience to comprehend your information better. Our group felt that this could be due to poor structural flow.

    Thank you for your good effort and hard work in your presentation. All the best to all your future presentations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vikki!

    I can see that your group is prepared and organised for the presentation. It is very thoughtful of you all to prepare a handout of key terms to aid the audiences' in understanding of your presentation!

    Your opening was quite expressive and polite. It was loud and caught all the audiences' attention. A good start.

    You're not fluent at some times but you gave me the feeling that you're not having much difficulty in delivering your points. You're quite calm, although I think you had felt nervous like everyone else. However, you spoke in a somewhat monotonous manner which could be quite boring as your topic was quite dry already.

    You did give some appropriate gestures and some eye contacts. But, sometimes you looked lost, not knowing what to do next. Maybe you can try not to look so 'blur' in your future presentations.

    Don't be harsh on yourself. You can't do things perfectly all the time. Hope my 'tips' can help you along!

    (=

    ReplyDelete