Friday, March 13, 2009

The Biodata

My name is Zhang Xuan.I’m a final year student from Xiamen University, China. Bachelor of Engineering (Automation), graduating in June 2010. I also minored in economics. I have been selected as the only exchange student to National University of Singapore (NUS). In NUS, I majored in engineering programme (Industrial & Systems Engineering). Overall, I have performed well in all the subjects and ranked as top 5 in the department of automation. Those modules I have taken in the past three years help me acquire the critical way of thinking.

Apart from those academic achievements, I have been a President Assistant of the student union in Xiamen University, which equipped with organisational skills and leadership. Before the President Assistant position, I used to be in the department of the student union which is in charge of getting sponsor from the companies and communities to balance the financial expense of organizing the events. From the precious experience, I have learned a lot of negotiational skills. During the exchange period, I made many western friends, which proves that I can communicate in English very well. The third language I know is French. I like traveling and have traveled to many countries, such as Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia. So I am willing to work overseas if L’oreal need me there. All I have described above have fully supported the points that I have a global perspective, ability to well organize the time, capability to handle stress and I am able to work well in a team and communicate with different levels and different cultural backgrounds of people.

5 comments:

  1. This is very rich biodata, Vikki. (Pleased to meet you!) You have had lots of interesting and useful university learning experiences, and you present yourself well in this brief autobiography. There are only a few language problems that detract from an otherwise well-written statement. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey fellow engineer!

    I am glad that you are performing well in your studies :) I hope you find the experience in NUS both interesting and enriching.

    I couldn't help but notice that you know French as well. How long have you been learning French? And I'm curious as to what made you choose to learn French.

    I did learn French in my secondary school.In fact I became quite good at conversing in french among my classmates. But, since the beginning of high school there was less chances to use french and the usage diminished. Now I can hardly say I know French. Thus, I hope you continue to practice english (and the other languages) even after you go back to china.

    Thanks for the biodata! Now i know you much better =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi vikki,

    So you are from Xiamen? I have been to there only once with my mum during one of her business trips and i remembered it to be a VERY clean and nice coastal city :D

    I think you must had went through tough selections to be here on exchange and it's indeed great that you are enjoying your exposure experience here. Wish you all the best and hope to see u in class more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Vikki!

    I think how you state that you are willing to be put anywhere that Loreal requires you to be is something that stands out. It shows your drive for the organisation and your willingness to uproot and go to a brand new environment!

    In fact, your willingness to move to another environment can also be seen since you're here in NUS by yourself! (: I'm glad you are slowly enjoying the culture here too! I'm sure your studying accolades will really help to boost your resume and entice your future employer!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vikki!

    You've managed to impress me! You achieved academic excellence and also exposed yourself to various activities. You had leadership position before too!

    However some of your ideas are not very organised. Maybe you could list them from the earlier account? You mentioned you're a President Assistant and then you said you did something before that. Probably you could inverse these two statements.

    (=

    ReplyDelete